While food plays a big role in the Memorial Day weekend holiday, there is no need to be in the kitchen to provide a tasty, sweet treat that the whole family can enjoy.
Here are two that are very simply and extremely satisfying.
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1–1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package Candiquik candy coating or 1 (20 ounce) package vanilla almond bark (you can also just use white chocolate morsels)
- 2 (1.7 ounce) containers red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 1 cup regular red, white and blue M&M’s
- 1 cup peanut red, white and blue M&M’s
Directions: put all your dry ingredients into a bowl, do not add M&M’s and sprinkles yet. Warm up the white chocolate, 30 seconds at a time, up to about 2 minutes total in the microwave. You DO NOT want it to burn. Once white chocolate is melted, pour it over your dry ingredients, mix well. Then dump it all onto parchment or wax paper, continuing to make sure it is all coated. Add your M&Ms and sprinkles on top. Let it cool and enjoy!
Patriotic Caramel Pretzel Bites
These are super simple and can be made all year around!
50 Rolos, unwrapped (let your little ones help with this task)
50 mini-pretzels (square or circle ones work best)
50 red, white, and blue M&M’s
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lining it with parchment paper helps. Set down a single layer of pretzels, top them with the Rolos. Bake for just 3 minutes and then place one M&M on each when they come out of the oven. Let them cool and enjoy!