GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Several new construction zones became active Tuesday, the first day of what can be considered the second phase of the road construction season, which commonly sees three periods of activity: Before July 4th, after July 4th, and after Labor Day.
US-131 southbound ramp to Market Avenue
- Closed until September 1.
- Rebuilding, adding a turn lane.
- Detour: Exit at Wealthy Street, west to Market Avenue.
Franklin Street bridge over US-131
- Bridge closed until September 1.
- Repairing deck.
- Detour: Use Hall Street for access over US-131.
I-196 eastbound at M-11 28th Street
Whitneyville Avenue between 84th Street and 92nd Street
Of course, the big change this week will be the closure of the Leonard Street bridge over the Grand River from Wednesday, July 6, to September 1.