PORTAGE, Mich. — While minor new road projects begin this week in Kent County, three big projects will affect drivers using S. Westnedge Avenue in Portage and two major routes in the Battle Creek area.
Westnedge Avenue, Portage:
- Between Mall Drive and Dawnlee Avenue just south of I-94
- Repaving, plus work on water service and sidewalk improvements
- May 4 – August 2015
M-89 Michigan Avenue, Battle Creek
- Between Custer Drive and Dickman Road
- May 4 – September 4
I-94 Business Loop north of I-94 exit 92
This one is complicated, because the I-94BL is being rerouted. Until now, the route went north from I-94 exit 92 on Columbia Avenue and Skyline Drive to Dickman Road.
After this project, Skyline Drive will terminate at Hill Brady Road and the I-94BL will follow Columbia Avenue north and east to Helmer Road, then follow Helmer Road north to Dickman Road.
- Work will be done on the bridge over I-94 as well as the ramps at exit 92.
- May 4 – November 15
- Nighttime lane closures for overhead sign work on eastbound I-96 from 36th Street to M-6.
- Monday night and Tuesday night, May 4-5, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.