GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.- Do you feel some major guilt after indulging on unhealthy Super Bowl Sunday snacks? Do you look back on the money you spent, making you feel even more guilt? As the Smart Shopper, I turned to dietician Jessica Corwin, MPH, RDN, who focuses on fresh ingredients and wholesome meals for busy families.
On the list of things that will help you get through those “snack attacks” are:
- Triscuits- On sale at Meijer for $1.99
- Hummus- Always a great deal at Aldi (you can also find great recipes on Aldi’s website, too!)
- Blueberries- Aldi has a small container for $1.99 this week
- Greek Yogurt- 10 for $10 at Target, Yoplait 100 calories ; D&W, Chobani also 10 for $10
- Cheese- Meijer Brand: Shredded 12 oz and String Cheese: 2 for $6; Family Fare: 8 0z. varieties of Spartan block cheese for just $1.79
- Homemade Trail Mix, smoothies and granola bars: Click here for link.
- Cocoa Bites: Click here for amazing recipe.
- No-Bake Blueberry Oat Bars: Click here for recipe. Many of the items for this recipe can also be found at the Dollar Tree or Aldi, for less!
Keep in mind, that places such as Big Lots and Dollar Tree have great deals on any spices that you might need for snacks like the Homemade Trail Mix. Also, remember if you have a smart phone, there are great apps that let you scan the bar code and let you know if there are other stores in the area with better prices: