PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. — The West Michigan Whitecaps are switching up their annual fan vote to bring a new item to the menu at Fifth Third Ballpark.
Instead of having people submit new items to be voted on, the team is going to bring back one of the winners from the first 10 years of the contest. The winner of this year’s fan vote will make a return to the menu for the 2020 season.
The nominees are:
- 2019 - Rocky Balburrito: Cheesesteak rolled into a burrito with cheese, onions and green peppers and deep fried.
- 2018 - Mt. Wing Suvius: The mixture of mac ‘n cheese, beer cheese and buffalo chicken, filling the center of a tower of onion rings.
- 2017 - Beer Cheese Poutine: Pulled pork, barbeque pork, beer cheese and green onions over waffle fries.
- 2016 - Dutch Love: A combination of turkey pot roast, gravy, cheese curds and french fries wrapped up in a pita.
- 2015 - Hot-To-Tot: Buffalo chicken and bleu cheese covered tater tot concoction
- 2014 - Augger Dogger: Deep-fried hot dog on a stick wrapped in spiral potato chips
- 2013 – Baco: It’s the taco with a bacon shell.
- 2012 - Westside Po’ Boy: Loaded Kielbasa sandwich
- 2011 - Chicks with Stick: Fresh-cut vegetables with hummus made from chickpeas.
- 2010 - Declaration of Indigestion: Half-pound foot-long hot dog covered in a Philly cheese steak (steak, cheese, peppers and onions) and served on a gigantic sub roll.
Voting runs through Feb. 21. On the Whitecaps’ website.