GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Health providers are adjusting visitor policies to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Starting Friday, Metro Health will implement the following restrictions for visitors:
- Visitors and family member must be healthy without symptoms of illness
- Only one visitor is allowed per patient
- Two visitors will be allowed for pediatric and maternity patients
- No children under 12 will be allowed in unless they are a patient
- Anyone who recently traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 country will not be allowed in
The hospital is also encouraging patients to schedule an e-visit to avoid spreading the illness. Anyone with severe or life-threatening symptoms should call 911.
Effective immediately, Mercy Health is making the following changes to its visitor policy:
- One visitor per patient at a time
- No visitors under 14
- No visitors who are sick will be permitted
All visitors are asking to wash their hands or use alcohol-based sanitizer, use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, and to stay home if they are sick.