NewsLocal News

Actions

Structure fire on Lakeview Avenue leaves garage destroyed, no one injured

WXMI_Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:42 PM, May 16, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-16 15:51:24-04

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — A large garage fire at 130 Lakeview Avenue left the garage fully detroyed. No residents or fire fighters were injured.

Around 11:30 a.m. Saturday morning, the city of Battle Creek fire department responded to a call of a fire on a single story wood frame structure with an unattached garage. Upon arrival, fire crews pulled hose lines and quickly extinguished the flames.

Upon performing overhaul, the fire crew found that some siding on the exterior of the house melted off, but there was minimal damage caused to the outside of the house.

The resident claimed that the cause of the fire was "careless smoking" in the garage