GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meteorologist Reece Cole is the newest member of the FOX 17 Weather Team.
Reece made his on-air debut on FOX 17 News at 10 p.m. Sunday, January 16. He will forecast for the FOX 17 weekend evenings and some newscasts during the week.
He comes from KSWO-TV in Lawton, OK, where he was a part-time meteorologist fellow while working toward his meteorology degree at the University of Oklahoma.
It's a return home for Reece. He grew up in the Gun Lake area of Barry County.
You can follow Reece on social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Learn more about Reece by checking out these 10 fun facts.
1) Reece graduated from Thornapple Kellogg High School while growing up on Gun Lake. He played a variety of sports including swimming, cross country, golf and football. This is his first full-time position, and he's excited to be in his hometown area!
2) Reece gained my passion for weather at 7 watching a story on The Weather Channel about a tornado. Following a dream about it that night he became instantly addicted to knowing everything about the weather.
3) His grandparents gave him the nickname ‘Radar Reece’ as he became obsessed with watching weather videos and radar all day long. Some friends and family just call me ‘Radar’ now.
4) Reece attended The University of Oklahoma for the Meteorology Program with a minor in Broadcasting. Reece had the opportunity to be a Weather Anchor and Reporter with the university program OU Nightly. BOOMER SOONER!
5) Reece's first professional position was at KSWO in Lawton, OK as a Fellowship Meteorologist where he got to forecast multiple rounds of severe weather and tornadoes. Reece even had the time for storm chasing in Northwest Texas.
6) Reece is a big sports fan for the Sooners and Spartans, as well as the Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons and Lions!
7) When not forecasting, Reece's favorite things to do are outdoors; boating, hiking, and wakeboarding.
8) He used to have a Pop-Tart addiction, eating at least one package every day through Junior year of college.
9) Reece will always try new foods, but is very picky! He doesn’t like any type of potatoes, casseroles, or soups.
10) His family loves the water and lake life, growing up on Gun Lake and now living part time on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida and Lake Michigan in Saint Joseph.