GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Christmas season is in full swing and with that comes a lot of organizational mayhem, especially when preparing meals.
Personal Chef Jason McClearen and his wife Kate, both with The Everyday Chef and Wife, joined Fox 17 live to share some tips for how you can make cooking easier and more fun over the holidays.
Jason also shares these recipes below:
Expresco’s Cranberry Sauce Dip
● 1 pound frozen cranberries
● 2 cups orange juice
● 3 cups ginger ale
● 2 tablespoons maple syrup
● 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
● 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
● 1 orange, zested
1. Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive saucepan (stainless steel), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
2. Carefully puree in the blender until smooth. Check for seasoning and serve in small ramekins.
Cider Honey Chicken Skewers
● 1/2 cup honey
● 3/4 cup hard cider or apple cider
● 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
● 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
● 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
● 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
● 1 teaspoon garlic powder
● 1 teaspoon kosher salt
● 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
● Expresco Chicken skewers
1. Combine ingredients in a sealable container.
2. Add chicken skewers making sure they are fully covered and refrigerate overnight.
3. On the day of, preheat the oven to 400°F and heat for 10-12 minutes. Turn the skewers over once halfway through.
4. Serve up with some sweet mustard dipping sauce!