The Michigan Department of Transportation, county road commissions, and municipalities have sporadically observed the governor's stay-at-home executive orders, postponing some road projects where it was determined that workers would have a difficult time observing distance from one another.
Work on some major projects, such as the one at the interchange of I-96/I-196/East Beltline, have not resumed. But schedules are looking busy in the near term.
Here's what's happening soon:
- Lane closures on US-131 southbound at the 100th Street bridge, Monday only, Apr. 20, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Peach Ridge Avenue
- Peach Ridge Avenue closed just north of 13 Mile for culvert replacement Apr. 20 – May 8.
- Nighttime lane closures on US-131 at the KL Avenue bridge Apr. 22-30.
- Ramp closed from Stadium Drive to northbound US-131 Apr. 22-30. Detour: Enter from W. Main St. M-43.
- KL Avenue under US-131 occasionally closed Apr. 22-30. Detour: Stadium Drive via 11th St. And Drake Rd.
- Right lane closure on I-94 westbound from Mile 85 to Mile 82 Apr. 20 – May 15.
Cork St. and Portage Rd. Intersection
- Lane closures at the intersection of Cork Street and Portage Road for water main work and resurfacing Apr. 20 – June 1. Some turns limited. Detour for Cork Street: Emerald Drive using Miller Road and Portage Road.
- Lane closure on I-194/M-66 between I-94 and Hamblin Avenue Apr. 20 – July 5.
- Daily lane closures on I-96 eastbound and westbound under the new Cutler Road bridge. Only 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, Apr. 20-24.
- Lane closure on M-37 between Spring Street Court north of Middleville and 100th Street in Caledonia April 25-28.
- Norton Shores, bridge on Lake Harbor Road over the Mona Lake channel closed Apr. 20-May 21. The project was delayed from Mar. 23, so the end day on the project may change. Detour: Henry Street via Forest Park Road and Hendrick Road.
- Occasional lane closures on US-131 northbound and southbound at Daggett Road just north of Sand Lake and at Cannonsville Road through July. (This project was previously postponed.)
Double lane closures during daytime hours on I-94 eastbound and westbound between the Indiana state line and M-239 Exit 1, April 20-June 5. When the governor’s stay-at-home order is lifted, single-lane closures during daytime hours.