Students who need food during the state-mandated closure of all K-12 schools can get some through Muskegon and Oceana County school districts.
The free meals will have things like yogurt, string cheese, cereal, sandwiches and milk and be available at multiple sites.
Food will be available for any child in the district or young adult with a disability who either lives in or attends a school in the district.
- Fruitport Community Schools will have a weekly service starting Tuesday. Parents are asked to complete a survey on the school’s website to help organizers plan for enough food.
- Hart Public Schools will have food at noon Tuesday and Wednesday at Crystal Valley Pour House located at 7203 N 126th Ave. in Hart and Fenton Trucking at 5655 W 5th Street in Mears. For more information, email Caryn Elam at email@example.com.
- Holton Public Schools will provide meals with community partners. Information on distribution sites can be found on the district’s website.
- Mona Shores Public Schools will have “grab and go” meals for all students in the high school stadium parking lot from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There will also be an additional pickup time from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Montague Area Public Schools will have curbside pickup at Montague High School and Rothbury Village Hall from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays and Fridays. Three other sites are being set up for delivery, and more information will be provided on Montague’s Facebook page.
- Muskegon Public Schools will deliver food along the bus routes starting 11 a.m. The district says the plan is to follow the usual bus route and add stops for kids who usually walk to school. Students will receive two meals, school supplies and worksheets. The route can be found on Muskegon’s website and Facebook page.
- Muskegon Heights schools will also deliver meals along its regular bus routes. The service will start at 11:30 a.m. and run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, providing two days of food during the week and three days of food on Friday.
- North Muskegon students can access nearby districts for grab and go meals.
- Oakridge Public Schools will start food delivery this week and announce locations and times on its Facebook page.
- Orchard View Schools will deliver food throughout the district and announce times and locations through Facebook.
- Ravenna Public Schools is going to release its plan on Facebook Tuesday.
- Reeths-Puffer Schools will have a week of cold meals for pickup at the high school every Wednesday, starting this week. Pick-ups will happen according to student’s last names. Those starting with A-N will run from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and O-Z will be from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Shelby Public Schools has five locations set up to distribute meals. The district’s Facebook page has information and who to contact for delivery.
- Walkerville Public Schools will begin providing meals on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Main Street delivery entrance daily. Contact the school’s main office to request delivery or send a private message through Facebook.
- Whitehall District Schools will distribute meals on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to noon at Whitehall Middle School, and at the Lakewood Club Village Hall from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays and Fridays.