NORTON SHORES, Mich. — Dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide were found at a Norton Shores residence by the Norton Shores Fire Department (NSFD).
At 5:18 a.m. on December 19, 2021, Blue Shift Personnel were sent to a home in the 6500 block of Lake harbor Rd. in response to a medical emergency.
Upon arrival, units discovered dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide prompting them to immediately evacuate six people and two dogs.
Three of the people were treated at a local hospital.
NSFD encourages people to purchase a carbon monoxide detector as those involved in this incident could have lost their lives.