NewsLocal NewsLakeshoreMuskegon

Actions

High levels of carbon monoxide discovered at Muskegon County home

carbon monoxide.jpeg
Posted at 11:00 PM, Dec 19, 2021
and last updated 2021-12-19 23:17:21-05

NORTON SHORES, Mich. — Dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide were found at a Norton Shores residence by the Norton Shores Fire Department (NSFD).

At 5:18 a.m. on December 19, 2021, Blue Shift Personnel were sent to a home in the 6500 block of Lake harbor Rd. in response to a medical emergency.

Upon arrival, units discovered dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide prompting them to immediately evacuate six people and two dogs.

Three of the people were treated at a local hospital.

NSFD encourages people to purchase a carbon monoxide detector as those involved in this incident could have lost their lives.