NewsLocal NewsLakeshore


10 people safe after inhaling carbon monoxide while boating

Posted at 7:38 PM, Aug 01, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-01 20:27:49-04

SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. — 10 people are safe on dry land after inhaling carbon monoxide in South Haven, Saturday.

South Haven Area Emergency Services say they were heading from St. Joseph to South Haven on a 32-foot boat.

The captain was unable to operate the boat and made a distress call.

They were picked up about a mile south of Haven Pier by the Coast Guard and marine units from the Van Buren Sheriff Department and SHAES.

They're recovering in the hospital.