KENTWOOD, Mich. — The Kentwood Farmers Market returns for its seventh season this week with 20 local vendors and several special activities.
The season begins Thursday, June 3 and goes until Aug. 26, taking place 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday in front of the Kent District Library – Kentwood Branch, according to a news release.
Customers can expect fresh produce, baked goods, syrup, cheese, fresh flowers, coffee and handmade items.
Free classes and special events ranging from yoga and other fitness classes to concerts will also be available.
Kentwood’s Summer Concert Series will also overlap with the market’s Thursday evening schedule.
READ MORE: Summer Concert Series returns to Kentwood
“We are looking forward to welcoming community members back to the Farmers Market for another season with a great lineup of vendors and special activities,” Kentwood Recreation Program Coordinator Kristina Colby said. “Please join us this season for fun outdoors connecting with and supporting our local farmers and vendors.”
Food assistance benefits, including SNAP, Double Up Food Bucks and Senior Project FRESH, will be accepted.
The schedule of free classes, events and concerts is as follows:
- June 3: Yoga class at 6 p.m.
- June 10: Meet and greet with animals from John Ball Zoo at 5 p.m.
- June 17: Makers and Crafters Day 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- June 24: Concert at 7 p.m. – The Soul Syndicate
- July 1: Hip-hop fit class at 6 p.m.
- July 8: Herb demonstration 4:30-7:30 p.m.; concert at 7 p.m. – The Bootstrap Boys
- July 15: Concert at 7 p.m. – Benzing Graves Collective
- July 22: Concert at 7 p.m. – Dalmatian Stone
- July 29: Concert at 7 p.m. – David Gerald
- Aug. 5: Concert at 7 p.m. – The Accidentals
- Aug. 19: Makers and Crafters Day 4:30-7:30 p.m.