Our family, including our toddler, has zero problems eating fruit; we absolutely love every kind of fruit. But, we also like snacking on other things than fruit(aka:cookies for all of us, and also ice cream for Bronson). So, I found two great options that make you feel like you are "cheating" on that healthy diet a bit, but actually still keeping it on track.
First up, Triple Berry Yogurt Bark which I found on Pinterest, originally posted by 5dollardinners.com.
I actually tweaked my recipe just a bit, because I wanted to use what I already had in my refrigerator. I noted the change in the supplies list. We also cut the recipe in half, but I am posting as if it is the full recipe.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and honey.
- Pour and spread the yogurt mixture into the base of the lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle the different berries and gently press into the yogurt.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Use a knife to make the first "break" and then you can break with your hands. Break into serving size pieces and serve cold.
Since you already have that fruit, let's continue the snacking fun!
*Cream Cheese (this is also very good with Strawberry cream cheese)
*chopped up fresh fruit
If there are little ones, please make sure you are chopping up that fruit. But grab a butter knife, let them spread the cream cheese on the cracker and add whatever chopped fruit the like for a tasty, healthy pizza. Sure, there is a little fat in the cream cheese but much healthier than a cookie! Enjoy!!
If you have some tasty, easy recipes to send my way, please do! Email me: email@example.com.