By now, many recycling centers have shut down due to health concerns. What does this mean? You have a plethora of toilet paper rolls and possibly even wine bottles. Both of these things are perfect for up-cycling and crafting!
- Empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls (if you use paper towel rolls, cut in half or even in quarters)
- Card stock or construction paper (kids can even decorate white paper)
- Elmer's or hot glue
- Pipe cleaners for the antennae (can use foil, too)
- Black marker to draw the face
- Google eyes add a fun touch, but don’t worry if you don’t have them
- Decorative buttons, old jewelry, etc.
- Paint the roll, let it dry.
- Fold your wing paper in half, draw the outline of one wing.
- When you open the paper you will have an identical wing on the other side. (Just like when we made hearts as kids.)
- Glue on google eyes and draw the smile. Bend the pipe cleaner into a “V” and then glue into the inside of the roll at the top for antennae. Glue the roll down onto the middle of the wings.
- Decorate the wings as you wish.
- Empty, clean wine bottles (some liquor bottles work, too)
- White paint (or whatever color you want to make the body of the bunny. I had some leftover Rustoleum 2X coverage white paint. Let it dry overnight.)
- Paint brush (if you don’t use spray paint)
- Ribbon for a neck bow
- Scrap fabric for the ears
- Hot glue gun
- Toilet paper roll and felt for a hat (optional)
Rather than describe this one, it’s best just to watch the video.
Have fun! Send me pics of your final products to email@example.com.