They bring just as much joy and therapy to adults as they do kids. Tuesday is dubbed Crayola Crayon Day by daysoftheyear.com.
Beyond just coloring with Crayola, their website crayola.com has a ton of fabulous printable coloring pages, DIY activities, shopping and more. However, I wanted to demonstrate one that I found on Pinterest.
Adding a positive quote to the walls of your home is fitting right now. No, I don’t want your family to color on the walls, but you can add a piece of uplifting artwork by melting crayons! Adults will need to supervise a bit on this one.
Supplies for my creation:
- 12 crayons (this depends on your picture size)
- Small white canvas (I actually spray-painted cardboard, white! Worked great! You could actually use white poster-board as well)
- Hot glue gun
- Blow dryer (don’t get it too close, you’ll get Crayon on it)
- Black marker
- Drop cloth (the Crayon will splash a bit)
- If you don’t have the white canvas, cut the desired size of cardboard or DIY canvas for your project. I spray painted a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of cardboard, white, letting it dry overnight.
- Next, draw the top half of a heart in one corner of your canvas. (refer to the video link).
- Next, lay out your crayons in the order that you wish, with the points touching the outline of the heart.
- Next, spacing them out slightly, hot glue them into place.
- Next, you will blow-dry the end of the crayon NOT touching the heart, so it splashes away from the heart. Once the melted crayon has dried, you can then write or print a saying to go inside of the heart.