BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — Kellogg Community College is reopening all of its campuses, with new procedures to help protect students and staff.
All 5 locations across 3 counties will open back up to the public on June 29, more than 3 months after the school closed it physical doors due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
To keep people safe, KCC is instituting new policies including:
- Modified business hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- Required use of face masks in a limited number of settings; use of faces masks will be encouraged across all campus locations
- New barriers, markings, and signs for social distancing
- Limited occupancy of public areas
- No on-campus public events until September at the earliest
- Ban on non-essential guests visiting campus
The college says they play to offer a mix of in-person and virtual classes this fall. Current summer courses will continue to be online only.
Because of social distancing guidelines, some fall classes will have a reduced space for students. KCC encourages students to sign up for classes now, to avoid missing out on necessary courses.