Spectrum Health wants patients to know it is safe to come in for appointments and is taking extra measures to ensure practices are safe and sanitary with care options designed around patient safety.
Kara Willoughby, MD, from Spectrum Health Medical Group – Pediatrics Grand Rapids is here to discuss care options available to patients and the importance of staying up-to-date on routine appointments.
- Spectrum Health practices many safety procedures to ensure patients are protected from COVID-19 including:
- Extra cleaning throughout all facilities and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas while adhering to rigorous quality and safety practices and infection prevention guidelines.
- Screening all team members, patients, and visitors before they enter the building, and only allowing a very limited number of visitors.
- Requiring everyone to use hand sanitizer and put on a mask upon entry.
- Providing appropriate PPE for our team members.
- Social distancing floor signage to maintain CDC guidelines.
- Restructure appointments to limit contact and wait times between patients.
While COVID-19 is still a real threat and the best prevention is through social distancing, hand washing, and wearing a mask. But it's important to not set aside other health issues.
Spectrum Health launched a curbside vaccination program which includes immunizations (including flu), and other injections. Appointments may be scheduled by calling the office and requesting a curbside visit. The scheduler will inform you to look for the designated parking spaces. You pull into the parking space and call the phone number on the sign. Registration is completed over the phone and clinical staff meets you at your vehicle, ready to perform the necessary service through your car window.
Benefits include no time spent in the waiting room, all is done with social distancing in mind, and it is a quick and easy process that patients seem to really appreciate so far.
Spectrum Health Medical Group Pediatrics Grand Rapids is located at 1545 68th Street Southeast, Suite 100.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit spectrumhealth.org/grpeds.