Looking for some easy meals for Memorial Day for the whole family? Family Fare has you covered with a couple recipes, with one easy low-maintenance recipe you can cook in the crockpot.
Family Crockpot Steak Dinner
· 4 Sirloin Steaks
· 1 bottle of Our Family Steak Sauce
· Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning
· 6-8 red potatoes
· 4 ears of corn
1. Place four Sirloin Steaks into the bottom of your crockpot & sprinkle with steak seasoning
2. Pour ¾ bottle of steak sauce over steaks – use entire bottle if needed to coat all steaks
3. Take a sheet of foil and place over the steaks
4. Brush foil with olive oil
5. Place a layer of red potatoes on the foil and season with salt
6. Add another layer of foil and cover the potatoes tightly to form a seal (this will allow the potatoes to steam)
7. Individually tightly roll 4 ears of corn with a pad of butter, salt and pepper
8. Place the ears of corn on top of the foil and then place the lid on tight
9. Do not open the lid
10. Cook for 6-7 hours on low
Hawaiian Chicken Foil Packets
· 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1” pieces
· 2 cups Our Family barbecue sauce
· 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 1 small red onion, diced
· Our Family tin foil
1. Cut 2 large sheets of foil
2. In a medium bowl, toss together diced chicken and barbecue sauce until fully coated
3. Divide chicken evenly amount foil sheets. Top with pineapple, red pepper and onion
4. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet, seal edges, making a tight fold. Fold down almost to the chicken, allowing space on sides for heat to circulate. Fold ends to seal.
5. To grill, place foil packs on preheated grill. Cook 10 minutes. Turn packs over; cook 10 to 15 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
Seasoned Vegetable Foil Packets
· 1 red bell pepper, sliced
· 2 ears corn, husked & cut into 1” disks
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 4-5 small red potatoes, diced into bite size pieces
· 1 medium sized zucchini, cut into 1” disks
· 5 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon dried oregano
· 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Our Family tin foil
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add vegetables to the medium bowl and toss well.
4. Place 2 pieces of tin foil on top of each other.
5. Pour the vegetable mixture in the center of the foil, bring up 2 sides of the first foil so edges meet, seal edges, making a tight fold and then the next piece of foil to form a secure encasing.
6. Grill covered over medium heat for 25-30 minutes (depending on heat of grill) until veggies are crisp tender.
Remember to see what's on sale or check out more recipes at shopfamilyfare.com.