1. Mel Trotter Ministries will premiere their very first feature film in a few weeks. It's called "One Life At A Time" starring former "Superman" actor, Dean Cain.
The movie, which was filmed in downtown Grand Rapids this summer, highlights homelessness in West Michigan.
It will premiere on World Homelessness Day on Saturday, October 10, at Celebration Cinema's Studio Park location.
Find more information by heading to meltrotter.org/movie.
2. Grand Rapids Public Library announcing they'll be opening their branches once again to the public, starting October 12.
Just a heads up, not everything will be available when the branches re-open, but if you've been needing access to a public computer for printing, copying, or faxing, that will be available.
Some other changes are people will be limited to 30 minutes in the library, and they'll have to wear a face mask as well as practice social distancing.
They'll also be limiting the number of library guests allowed inside at the same time.
For more information and hours, head to grpl.org.
3. For the second year in a row, Short's Brewing and Pure Michigan have teamed up to release the Pure Michigan Autumn IPA.
It's made with malt from three Michigan maltster, two Michigan hop farms, and yeast from craft cultures in the U.P. it's described as "straw-colored and slightly hazy, this beer leads with slightly sweet, fruity, and malty flavors that are immediately followed with a pleasant hoppiness that finished dry."
The beer will ship statewide on October 2 to Meijer, D&W Fresh Market, Kroger, VG's Food Center, and Busch's plus other smaller retailers.
4. A fifth-grader from Texas is the winner of the annual "Doodle for Google" contest.
Sharon Sara's winning artwork was featured on Google's homepage on Wednesday. Her doodle is called "Together as One."
It shows a group of six friends with various skin tones, hair, and fashion styles holding hands.
Her inspiration? Sara says some people have not wanted to be her friend because of how she looks, so she says she drew what she does: make friends based on a person's character and personality.
Also, she'll get a $30,000 college scholarship.
5. At just a month old, the National Zoo's giant panda cub is already melting hearts.
The cub got his first check-up over the weekend, weighing in at just over 2 pounds and 13 inches long, it's still pretty little.
A DNA Swab was also taken. In a few weeks, that will tell zookeepers if the baby is a boy or a girl.
The noisy little cub didn't seem to enjoy its examination very much, but it was reunited with mom just a few minutes later.