1. Burn off that Thanksgiving meal prior to the feast as the annual Turkey Trot in Grand Rapids is going virtual this year.
Runners can complete a 5K anytime between November 19 through 26 which is Thanksgiving.
You can submit your time online, and register on the GRPS website.
Organizers are hoping to raise $110,000 this year, to offset some of the costs for student-athletes. This will be the 28th year for the trot.
2. For the first time in its more than 90-year history, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will be a television-only event.
Yesterday the mayor of New York announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic, spectators will not be able to watch the 94th annual parade from the streets.
He said it will only be televised and online. They didn't give too many specifics about how it would come together but said it would be a "reimagined" version of the iconic holiday event.
3. A lot of people are looking forward to the end of 2020, and Aldi is hoping to make that countdown a little more bubbly.
The discount grocery chain announced it will start selling a collection of more than 20 different Advent calendars, including ones filled with beer and hard seltzers.
They'll also have ones featuring cheese and chocolates. The calendars will hit stores in November.
4. Experience Grand Rapids launched a fun way for beer-lovers to get a taste of GR's award-winning craft beverage scene, and get rewarded!
Craft Pass GR is a new digital pass that allows visitors to check in to more than 20 local breweries and distilleries.
Each individual check-in will also earn a coupon for their next visit. Check into four locations and you'll earn an exclusive drink-themed gift.
Download your pass at craftpassgr.com.
5. Amazon is hiring thousands! Some jobs are right here in Michigan. More than 1,500 full and part-time positions are open in Grand Rapids.
This is part of the company's plan to hire 100,000 new workers in both the U.S. and Canada by the end of the year, paying $15 an hour with benefits.
It's also offering sign-on bonuses up to $1,000 in some cities.
If you're interested head to amazondelivers.jobs.