1. West Michigan is in the national spotlight, as Pfizer began distributing the first FDA-approved vaccine for COVID-19 over the weekend.
Today 145 sites across the U.S. will receive that vaccine, an additional 425 will receive the vaccines Tuesday, and the final 66 on Wednesday.
Millions of doses will be administered, but states ultimately have the final say as to who receives the immunization first. It's expected health care workers and nursing home residents will be first in line.
The U.S. plans to distribute 40 million vaccine doses by the end of the year, followed by 50-80 million doses in January and in February according to U.S. vaccine officials.
2. The U.S. Postal Services and several retailers urge you to place your orders soon if you want gifts to arrive in time for the holidays.
USA Today reports the Postal Service is flush with packages and short on employees available to process them due to the pandemic.
It says to place your ground orders by Tuesday if you're sending Christmas gifts with UPS, FedEx, or USPS.
Retailers agree and say folks should shop soon to avoid expedited shipping fees.
3. Millions of people who were unemployed this year may want to start planning now for tax season.
Unemployment income is taxable if you didn't already choose to have those taxes taken out.
One CPA told Fox 17 there are ways you can get ahead of it, such as by making an estimated tax payment for the fourth quarter.
The drop in income may also mean you're eligible for other deductions and credits like the earned income tax credit, or the child and dependent care credit.
If you got too much, you don't have to pay it back. However, if you didn't get the amount you're eligible for, you can get it as a recovery tax rebate.
4. The famed Radio City Rockettes may not be kicking up their heels on stage this Christmas, but they're trying to get you to kick up yours with a free class.
Those free, live dance lessons will be offered through their Instagram page each Wednesday at 3 p.m. Eastern Time and will run through December 23.
Lessons begin with a 15-minute pre-choreography warm-up, led by a new Rockette each week.
Dances will be saved on the Rockettes' official Instagram Channel for fans to practice.
5. A Sirius XM Satellite is now in space thanks to a Falcon 9 rocket. It launched from Florida's Cape Canaveral space force station on Sunday.
After the ascent, the rocket's reusable, first-stage booster successfully detached and returned to its drone ship in the ocean.
NASA says the rocket has flown 25 times this year, and SpaceX says the booster has been recovered seven times.
This all comes just days after SpaceX's steel rocket prototype crashed attempting a landing like the one the Falcon 9's boosters have performed.