1. Michigan residents can now renew their Michigan plates at 28 Meijer Kiosks around the state, with seven of them in West Michigan.
There's no need to bring a renewal packet with you, all you need is your plate info and VIN number. It only costs an extra $4 for the service fee.
The kiosks work for cars, motorcycles, and boats, but watercraft tabs will have to be sent through the mail.
2. People across the world are celebrating Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. But a local pastor made it easier with "Ashes On The Go."
The pastor of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church on Clyde Park in Wyoming was out this morning giving ashes.
All people had to do was pull up to the church, and take part in prayer, confession and a blessing, and get their ashes.
They'll be holding traditional services in the church today at noon and 7 p.m.
3. A selfless student offers up their extra credit points to help other students.
A Kentucky teacher is taking to Facebook to share a shocking question left on one of his students history exams.
The student asks to give his extra credit points to a fellow classmate who scored the lowest.
The teacher explains the test belongs to one of his A+ students, who earned the extra five points by winning a review game the day before.
The mysterious students scored a 94 on the test without the bonus points, and his kind act was able to help raise another classmate's score to a passing grade.
4. Sometimes we just don't know what we want. So when you're at the store buying Oreos, don't be burdened with choosing only one cookie type with the new Oreo's Variety Pack.
the pack comes with five different kinds of Oreos to dunk into milk: Thins, Original, Double Stuff, Mega Stuff, and Most Stuff.
It also comes with a t-shirt for Mega Oreo Fans. These are available at Walmart.
5. The popular peanut butter brand JIF may look a little different the next time you see it in stores.
They replaced the "J" in "JIF" with a "G". The company partnered with the website Giphy to make it happen.
Both companies say its to clear up a common pronunciation error. The word "GIF", which stands for "graphics interchange format" should be pronounced with a hard "G", not a soft one.
However, the original creator say GIF should be a soft "G".
But "JIF" peanut butter says it sounds too much like a "J" and interferes with their brand.
The limited edition jars are now on sale for $10 on Amazon.