1. Organizers have announced four shows for the 2020 Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens.
This year's lineup will include Gregory Alan Isakov on June 7, Squeeze on July 9, Michael Granti and Spearhead on August 16, and the Australian Pink Floyd Show on August 30.
Members of Meijer Gardens will be able to buy discounted tickets during a presale starting on April 24 through May 8.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on May 9.
2. The area surrounding the main entrance to Van Andel Arena is getting a face lift.
Funding was approved this week by the Grand Rapids Downtown Development Authority.
The Plaza will be demolished this spring and replaced with a new area featuring seating and landscaping.
Officials say there will be a snow-melt system, improved lighting, and other assets to make the Plaza more inviting and safer.
The project is expected to cost $2.1 million and will be complete in the fall.
3. Y2K had not yet happened the last time Rage Against the Machine played in Michigan, but now the reunited rockers are coming to Detroit for their 2020 tour.
They'll be making a stop at Little Caesars Arena on July 13. Tickets go on sale today at 11 a.m.
This new tour will mark the first time the band has toured together since 2011.
They're also planning to release a new album, "RTJ4" in the spring.
4. Even though it feels the stress of golf can take years off your life, a new study says otherwise. The new study suggests there's a link between playing golf, and living longer and better.
University of Missouri researchers say a round of golf at least once a month helps lower overall risk of death.
Researchers analyzing data in a study, tracking 5,900 adults over 65.
They identified 384 golfers, only over 8 percent of them had a stroke, and only 10 percent had a heart attack.
Those golfers had a significantly lower rate of death compared to non-golfers.
5. It's National Cheddar Day!
Cheddar is no ordinary cheese, it accounts for about a third of all varieties sold in the U.S.
2020 is just the second year the iconic cheese has been celebrated. Oregon cheese maker, Tillamook, founded the day to mark its 110 anniversary of making cheddar.
Enjoying the day is a no-brainer, so whip up a grilled cheese sandwich, include some on a charcuterie board, or cut it straight off the block.