Normally people need to seek out food trucks to purchase their delicious and one-of-a-kind street foods. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Food Truck Rally events are trying something new this summer and are bringing the food trucks to residents of southwest Michigan.
Each Tuesday of the month in July and August, food trucks will be traveling to different locations around southwest Michigan. The trucks will rotate between four locations:
- 1st Tuesday of the Month- Flesher Field, Oshtemo, MI
- 2nd Tuesday of the Month- Midtown Fresh, Kalamazoo, MI
- 3rd Tuesday of the Month- Antwerp Community Center, Mattawan, MI
- 4th Tuesday of the Month- Chem Link, Schoolcraft, MI
- August 11th only- Oswalt Park Vicksburg, MI
These events run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. every Tuesday.
The vendors have been following the COVID guidelines provided by the CDC and the Kalamazoo County Health Department. All trucks are spread out 15-20 feet, hand sanitizer is on-site, the ground is marked with “X’s” to ensure those waiting in line are kept six feet apart.
Attendees are encouraged to wear masks, but they're not required.