February 6th is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day! Kylee from Kylee's Kitchen is sharing how to make fried ice cream with Hudsonville’s Limited Edition Cinnamon French Toast ice cream.
Easy “Fried” Ice Cream
Yield: 6 servings
· 24 ounces Hudsonville's Limited Edition Cinnamon French Toast ice cream
· 4 cups corn flakes cereal (or something similar)
· 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
· 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· Optional toppings: honey, whipped cream, maraschino cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line cupcake tin with plastic wrap. Scoop ice cream into 4-ounce balls (about 2.5 inches in diameter) and place scoops in cavities. Freeze until hard.
3. Pour cereal into plastic bag and crush with meat pounder or rolling pin.
4. Combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in cereal crumbs.
5. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour cereal mixture onto baking sheet and spread in even layer.
6. Place in oven and bake 10 minutes or until mixture is golden brown. Stir mixture every few minutes to ensure even baking.
7. Allow cereal to cool completely. Transfer to bowl.
8. Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll in cereal mixture.
9. Place ice cream balls back in cupcake tin cavities and freeze until hard, about 30 minutes.
10. Before serving, drizzle with honey and garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries if desired.
Find more recipes like this at Kylee's Kitchen Blog.