Actions

Fire at Mr. Burger evacuates restaurant

WXMI_Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:12 PM, Mar 07, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-07 22:22:00-05

PLAINFIELD, Mich. — A kitchen fire quickly got too big for an extinguisher to handle and closed a burger joint Saturday night.

Plainfield District Fire Chief Jeffrey Drake told FOX 17 no one was injured, but the flames from a grease fire went up into the vent hood and could be seen from outside the building.

The building was evacuated and the fire put out quickly. Drake expects the restaurant to be closed for at least the next few days.