March is Colorectal Cancer Awarenss Month, and Spectrum Health is spreading awareness by talking about the signs, symptoms, and risk factors associated with these diseases.
Risk Factors for Colorectal Cancer:
- HPV Infection
- A family history of colorectal cancer
- History of Crohn's or Ulcerative Colitis
- Diet high in saturated fats or low fiber
- Diet low in Vitamin D and B complex
- Having more than one alcoholic drink per day
- Lack of exercise
Colon Cancer Symptoms:
- Pelvic Pain
- Blook in stool
- Change in bowel habits
- Unusual or persistent vaginal discharge.
Dr. Bitner's office is located at 3800 Lake Michigan Drive Northwest, Suite A. To schedule an appointment with her, call (616)-267-8225.
Read more stories like this on Dr. Bitner's Blog.