KENT COUNTY, Mich.– One of the most progressive and innovative police agencies in Michigan is looking to add more officers to its force.
They’re hiring over the next 6 months and looking to hire 12+ patrol officers.
They do have requirements, with some of them including a high school diploma (or equivalent) and a responsible work history,
preferably one which demonstrates increased responsibility through time and experience. They do prefer the applicant to have a degree in Criminal Justice and/or have Certification as a Corrections Officer.
Physical Standards include:
• Physical strength, agility and stamina combined with freedom from serious physical defects.
• Frequent standing and walking while supervising and observing inmates.
• Strength and dexterity of a degree to restrain inmates when necessary and carry inmates in
• Good speaking and hearing skills for monitoring purposes and giving instructions to inmates
and exchanging information with other staff.
• Sensory skills intact to be able to detect smoke, fire and contraband carried or being used by
• Manual dexterity and sensory skills to be able to use cell controls, respiratory protection
devices and other equipment.
• Adequate visual acuity with or without corrective lenses in each eye and adequate depth
perception and peripheral vision to observe inmate activity.
• Frequent bending and stooping while performing inmate searches, cell searches, etc.
• Climbing stairs while escorting inmates.
• Frequent reaching and turning to answer telephones, intercoms, operating consoles and
For the full details or to apply, head to their website, and click ‘County Patrol Officer Position.’