Police search park for missing Wyoming woman; hearing held for murder suspect

Posted at 12:52 PM, Nov 08, 2017
and last updated 2017-11-08 21:14:06-05

WALKER, Mich. -- Police searched Johnson Park in Walker on Wednesday for the body of a missing Wyoming woman.

Ana Carrillo has been missing since September 3, 2017

Ana Carrillo was last seen Sept. 3.  Andrew Hudson, her ex-boyfriend, has been charged with her murder.  A preliminary hearing in the case was also held Wednesday.

Wyoming Police say the park was searched for about 5 hours as they blocked off a 4 mile perimeter in the area.  No evidence was located, but the search will continue Thursday morning.

Throughout the day, sources say Hudson was brought to the search area with police.

His preliminary hearing was adjourned for several hours, but resumed Wednesday evening.  Several witnesses were called as a judge determines whether or not Hudson will head to trial for Carrillo's murder.

The first witness called to the stand was Connie Mena, a friend of Carrillo who says she was with her the morning of Sept. 3, the day she went missing.  Mena described a phone conversation she says she heard between Carrillo and Hudson, her ex-boyfriend.

"I hear him yelling at her," Mena said in court. "He yelled at her and told her, 'I'm going to have to find a babysitter,' and she said 'I'm coming,' and he said 'No I'm just going to take them to my mom's house,' and she said 'No I'm coming,' so she hung up the phone and she screamed 'I hate him!' and then she tells me 'I'll be back in 20 minutes.'"

Next to testify was Hudson's brother, who asked not to be identified by name.  He says he went to Andrew's home a few days after Ana went missing to find out what was going on. He says he asked his brother whether he knew what happened to Ana.

"He made some statement along the lines of 'If they find the body I'm f---ed,'" he said.

Hudson's mother, Nancy DeCamp, has been charged with lying to police in the investigation.  Testimony on Wednesday revealed DeCamp told police that Hudson's children were with him when they were actually with her, effectively brekaing up Hudson's original alibi.

Hudson's sister-in-law, who also asked not to be identified by name, was then called to the stand.  She said she saw her husband visibly upset after he spoke with Hudson in the basement of his home a few days after Ana went missing.

"It was less than two minutes that they were down there and my husband came flying up the stairs in tears, ran out the back door around the house to the front," she said. "I ran out the front door, we met towards the front of the sidewalk, he said 'Get the keys, let’s go.'"

The final person questioned in court Wednesday was Todd Masula, a forensic technician for Wyoming Police.   He says a burn bucket and its contents were documented in Hudson's yard.

"There were numerous items: buttons, clasps, zippers, a lot of different clothing metal material," he said.

Masula said blood was also found in multiple parts of Hudson's home, as well as cleaned up blood.

The preliminary hearing is set to resume Thursday afternoon at 1 p.m.