GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Darrell Jones, II, 27, faces a 6 count felony warrant after a 7 hour stand off with Grand Rapids police.
He surrendered after a standoff at a home on More Street NE is in custody, according to police.
The incident began just before 10 p.m. on Thursday after a 911 reporting a subject had shot a round of gunfire into the ground near College Avenue in Grand Rapids.
After fleeing on foot, the suspect held up a residence on More Street NE where two adults and two children were residing. The residents made it out safely.
After hours of negotiations the suspect exited the home and was taken into police custody.
According of police due to the dangerous situation they took their time with the negotiations to ensure a safe resolution.
Police say Jones is expected in 61st District Court on the following charges:
· Home Invasion 1st Degree (20 years)
· Discharge Firearm in or at a building (10 years)
· Carrying a Concealed Weapon (5 years)
· Possession of a Firearm by a Felon (5 years)
· Police Animal/Search and Rescue Dog-Injuring/Harassing while committing a crime (2 years)
· Felony Firearm (2 years)