Kent County GOP reminds absentee voters: you can change your mind

Posted at 5:01 PM, Nov 02, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-02 17:01:51-04

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Kent County GOP is reminding people who have voted already in Michigan by absentee ballot that you can still change your mind.

Michigan law allows for people who submitted absentee ballots that they can change theirs by getting a new one from their local clerk’s office by November 7th.  The change has to be done in person.

Several states have “early voting” and have various laws about changes.  Michigan does not have “early voting” but residents who could be unavailable to get to their Michigan polling places or are senior citizens, can request an absentee ballot.