GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — There will be a double lane closure on US-131 between 28th Street and Wealthy Street over the weekend, just one of several traffic disruptions caused by road work that has been scheduled outside of peak weekday traffic periods. Expect slow traffic caused by these projects during peak weekend hours.
- Northbound US-131 from 28th Street into the S-Curve.
- Only one lane open.
- Friday 10 p.m. to no later than 5 a.m. Monday, July 11
US-131 ramps closed
- Exit and entrance ramps at Franklin Street on northbound US-131 closed.
- Friday 9 p.m. to no later than 5 a.m. Monday, July 11.
- Ramp from southbound US-131 to westbound I-196 closed.
- Sunday, July 10, 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Detour: Exit to eastbound I-196 to College Avenue, enter westbound I-196 from College Avenue. (Do not exit at Market Avenue; that ramp is closed.)
Ramps closed at I-94 interchange at US-131
- The three loop ramps in the interchange are closed.
- Ramp from eastbound I-94 to northbound US-131 closed.
- Ramp from westbound I-94 to southbound US-131 closed.
- Ramp from northbound US-131 to westbound I-94 closed.
- All from 6 a.m. Saturday to no later than 6 a.m. Monday, July 11.
- For just one hour, there will occasional closures of I-196 at Fuller Avenue for utility work.
- Saturday, July 9 from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
I-196 lane closure
- I-196 eastbound and westbound lane closure on the bridges over Butterworth Street between Lake Michigan Drive and Market Avenue.
- Friday 9 p.m. to no later than 5 a.m. Monday