HARTFORD, Mich. – Hartford High School and Middle School have been evacuated and closed for the day due to a gas leak.
A suspected gas leak was discovered Tuesday morning in the boiler room of the high school and caused evacuation procedures to be put into place. The school says that gas mains have been shut off and emergency and utility crews are on scene.
Students will not be allowed back in the building until the utility company deems it is safe. Updates will be provided to students and families via social media.
Students who rode the bus to school will be riding the bus home. Those who walked are being released to walk home. Those who were dropped off can be picked up at the tennis courts of the middle school.