BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — The annual Cereal City Festival returns to Battle Creek starting on Friday, with thousands of people expected to attend for the events and celebrations.
The two-day festival includes the traditional Grand Cereal Parade, The World’s Longest Breakfast Table/Cereal Festival, and The Cereal City Classic 5k/10k run & walk.
Click here for the official website, and see below for some information provided directly by the City of Battle Creek:
The following road closures will begin at 3 p.m. on Friday:
- Van Buren Street between Washington Avenue and Tompkins Street/United Way Drive
- Michigan Avenue between Washington and Division Street
- McCamly Street between Jackson and State streets (Jackson and State parking lots will be accessible)
Cereal City Grand Cereal Parade
- The parade will begin at 6 p.m. on Friday, with staging starting at 4 p.m. in the Davenport University parking lot, 200 W. Van Buren St.
The parade route will travel east on West Van Buren; south on Tompkins/United Way; and east on West Michigan Avenue, ending at the Commerce Point parking lot.
World’s Longest Breakfast Table/Cereal Festival
- This event will take place starting at 8 a.m. on Saturday.
Cereal Festival events end at noon, and Michigan Avenue will remain closed until approximately 1 p.m.
Back to the Bricks
- This classic car event, based in Flint, will stop in Battle Creek on Friday night as part of its Westside Promotional Tour. The cars will assemble at the Holiday Inn on Harper Village Drive and join the end of the parade on Friday evening. They will park from 6 to 9 p.m. on Michigan Avenue, between Carlyle and Capital Avenue SW.
Cereal City Classic 5K/10K run and walk
- The races begin at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday at the Battle Creek Family YMCA, 182 Capital Ave. NE. There will be traffic delays in the areas of Division and Van Buren, as well as at Capital and Fremont Street. Police will stop traffic for runners during this event.