The Brain & Spine Tumor Center is a partnership between Spectrum Health Medical Group neuroscience experts and the Spectrum Health Cancer Center. It provides the most advanced and effective brain tumor and spine tumor treatments available with care plans designed to meet the individual needs of patients and their families or caregivers.
Brain and Spine Tumor Experts—All in One Place
Multiple specialists work together to provide fast, coordinated, comprehensive treatment, and compassionate supportive care. Our team includes:
- A nurse navigator to coordinate your care and guide you every step of the way
- Neurosurgeons to remove your tumor
- Neuroradiologists for expert imaging of the brain and spine
- Neuropathologists to accurately grade and stage your tumor
- West Michigan’s only neuro-oncologist to provide specialized medication and chemo therapies after surgery
- Radiation oncologists to provide targeted radiation therapies
- Supportive care medicine specialists to help you and your caregivers cope
- A medical social worker to help with other resources and assistance
Dr. Vitaz, Tumor Removal Technology (iMRI) talked more about brain and spine tumors and the team. Watch the video above for more.
Brain & Spine Tumor Center 25 Michigan Street NE, Suite 6100 Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Speak to your oncologist or primary care physician for a referral. For further information, including a second opinion, please call 616.267.7900.