CASCADE, Mich. — Pavement repairs have been ongoing on I-96 in eastern Kent County, but mostly at night. This week, they are round the clock, and it’s slowing traffic.
Tuesday morning, traffic was backed up and stop-and-go on eastbound I-96 to 28th Street. Traffic westbound was very slow through the lane closure.
- Lane closures from Whitneyville Avenue to past Alden Nash Avenue
- Until Friday, July 25, 5 a.m.
- Lane closures west of Alden Nash Avenue around Morse Lake Avenue to Whitneyville Avenue.
(MDOT notes that there will be times when lane closures are in place with no workers on site. That’s when concrete is being allowed to cure.)
- Lane closures at 18th Avenue in Jenison continue for signal work
- This week 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily through Friday, July 25
- Lane closures from Lake Michigan Drive to Chicago Drive mile 72
- Guardrail installation
- Lane closures at night 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Through Friday, July 25, 6 a.m.
- Moving lane closures southbound from Milham Avenue to Shaver Road
- Daily 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Through Thursday, July 24