GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.- As the temperatures fall, our furry friends tend to get colder. Do you know what you should look for when buying a coat for them?
When you’re selecting a coat for your dog, take accurate measurements:
– Length (neck to base of tail)
– Girth (widest part around chest)
– Neck (measure circumference at base of neck)
If you’re buying a coat for your dog:
– It should be easy on and off
– It should cover your dog’s chest if you’re looking to keep them warm
One tip: leave coats off of your dog at dog park. Why? It hides body language which is VERY important for other dogs when interacting in social situations.