COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. – Chef Jenna Arcidiacono from Amore Trattoria in Comstock Park is sharing some of her summer recipes.
Here is one of her recipes for “Asparagus Pesto”, which takes less than 10 minutes to make!
- 2 cups of blanched asparagus (diced)
- 15 leaves of fresh basil (you may add more if you like)
- 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of salted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup of grated grana padano (or parmesan) cheese
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic (optional)
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the above ingredients (except the olive oil) to your food processor or blender.
- Pulse the blender/processor a few times.
- Slowly add the olive oil until the pesto is an even consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. This recipe can be used on hot or cold pasta, as a pizza sauce, as a salad dressing or on a sandwich or cracker.
Amore has won several awards for their restaurant, including “Best New Restaurant” in 2011 and “Best European Restaurant” in Grand Rapids, according to Grand Rapids Magazine in 2012.
The restaurant is located on Alpine Avenue and 6 mile and is open Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday 4-9p.m. and Friday-Saturday 4-10p.m.
For more information on Amore, click here.