NORTON SHORES, Mich.- Michigan State Police have confirmed that the strange substance found outside the Exxon Mobil Gas Station is Jessica Heeringa’s blood.
Police confirmed it through DNA testing and say only a small amount was found. Police are not releasing exactly where the blood was found.
Here is the press release from Norton Shores Police:
“The Task Force has received the results from the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory regarding the suspicious substances collected from outside of the Exxon Mobil station. The substances have been confirmed as blood. Based on a subsequent DNA analysis, the blood has been determined to be from Jessica Lynn Heeringa. There was only a small amount of blood located. The family has been notified of this information. Additional information regarding the exact location of where the substances were collected will not be provided. The task force continues to receive tips and members are conducting follow-up investigations as quickly as possible.”
- Sketch Released of Van Driver in Missing Heeringa Case (fox17online.com)
- Jessica Heeringa Abduction: Family to Pass out Flyers (fox17online.com)
- Police, Family Caution “Civilian Investigators” In Heeringa Abduction (fox17online.com)
- “Jessica is Waiting For Us to Find Her,” Says Norton Shores PD (fox17online.com)
- Photo Released Of Suspect Minivan In Heeringa Search (fox17online.com)