GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Ten different breweries around Grand Rapids are working together to make a new rye India Pale Ale.
It’s called 55555513. The unique name comes from the beer containing 5.5 percent alcohol, 55 International Bitterness Units (IBU), and from the release date (5/5/13). All breweries will use two grains and one hop of their choice using their base malt and rye.
The breweries taking part include:
- HopCat, 25 Ionia Ave. SW, Grand Rapids
- The B.O.B’s Brewery, 20 Monroe Ave. NW, Grand Rapids
- The Mitten Brewing Company, 527 Leonard St. NW, Grand Rapids
- Harmony Brewing Co., 1551 Lake Dr. SE, Grand Rapids
- The Hideout Brewing Co., 3113 Plaza Dr. NE, Grand Rapids
- White Flame Brewing Co., 5234 36th Ave., Hudsonville
- Pike 51 Brewing Company, 3768 Chicago Dr., Hudsonville
- Jaden James Brewery, 4665 Broadmoor SE, Kentwood
- Michigan Beer Cellar, 500 E. Division St., Sparta
- Grand Rapids Brewing Company, 1 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids