GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — It took the better part of April, but the road construction seems to finally be in full swing.
Though the number of lane closures these days isn’t anything close to what you encountered back when state and local governments had more revenue, there are still a widespread number of projects underway:
NEW THIS WEEK
US-31BL Seaway Drive, Muskegon
- Repairs begin on the bridge over the Black Creek next to Mona Lake.
- Lane closures in both directions between Grand Haven Road and Getty Street.
- Through mid-June.
US-31 under Taft Road north of Ferrysburg
- Taft Road over US-31 closed for bridge work.
- Two lanes open US-31, but road narrows for shoulder closure.
- Through July 15.
- Final resurfacing of M-37 between the intersection of Broadway Avenue and State Street and the intersection of Green Street and Hanover Street. The repaving includes the intersections of Broadway and State and Green and Hanover.
- Lane closures through May 31.
I-194, Battle Creek
- Repairs begin on bridges, lighting, and replacement of signs between I-94 and Columbia Avenue.
- Eventually, expect lane closures at the bridges where I-194 goes over Fountain Street, Grand Trunk Railroad, Dickman Road, Conrail Railroad and the Kalamazoo River.
- The first lane closures are scheduled to begin Monday, May 6.
- Through November 2.
US-131, Grand Rapids
- Left lane closed, northbound US-131 at I-196.
- Traffic shifts with two lanes from right to left at Leonard Street to Ann Street.
- Ramp from Leonard Street to northbound US-131 closed.
- Lane closure northbound and southbound for bridge repairs over the Little Muskegon River just south of Morley Exit 125.
- Through May 29.
I-196, Grand Rapids
- Ramp closed from eastbound I-196 to northbound US-131.
- Exit at College Avenue, access northbound US-131 via westbound I-196.
- Through September 25.
I-196, Grand Rapids
- Left lane closed westbound at the Grand River for bridge work.
- Round the clock through Tuesday, April 30.
- Ramp from Market Avenue to eastbound I-196 closed.
- Ramp closed from eastbound I-96 to eastbound 28th Street.
- Exit early at Exit 43A. Turn left off the ramp. Expect congestion.
- Through June 27.
28th Street, Cascade
- One lane available eastbound and westbound from west of Patterson Avenue to Kraft Avenue.