Posted at 11:43 AM, Apr 09, 2013
and last updated 2013-04-09 11:43:45-04
- Be sure to store in a cool dark place
- Do not store oils over the stove
- It’s ok to store in the fridge, they may turn cloudy but they will clear up as they wArm up
- Only buy what you need and what you will use in a timely matter
- Corn, flax, sesame and hemp seed oil will last about 6 months
- Extra virgin olive, almond, hazelnut and macadamia oils will last about a year
- If the oil smells like glue, it is rancid and needs to be disposed of. Do not pour oil down sink! Pour into a container and throw away.
- Getting tired of the same salad every night? Try a new specialty oil and taste the difference!
Copyright 2021 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.