Colon Fire Ruled As Accidental

Posted at 6:36 AM, Mar 16, 2013
and last updated 2013-03-16 06:44:35-04

COLON, Mich. — The Colon fire that destroyed two buildings in the St. Joseph County town’s business district last week is now being ruled as accidental.

According to the Kalamazoo Gazette, the fire marshal determined that the fire in Curly’s Bar and Papa Mancino’s Restaurant was caused by kitchen appliances.

The fire then spread to neighboring buildings including Prudential Realty and Five Star Pizza. The Prudential building was destroyed while Five Star Pizza sustained minimal smoke and water damage.

The investigation is now being handled by an insurance company.