GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Chef Joel Bradshaw of Porto Bello Restaurant in Grand Haven stopped by the Fox 17 studio Saturday morning and with him brought these recipes that can be made in your ktichen.
St. Pat’s Green Chicken Chili
1 already cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
10 c chicken stock
2 can(s) tomatillos or 1 1/2 fresh poached
2 chopped seeded green pepper
1 lg chopped onion
2 clove garlic chopped
2 md seeded chopped jalapeno peppers
2 can(s) white beans
1 can(s) white corn
2 sm cans chopped green chilies
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bag(s) shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix no carrots)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp adobos & pIn frying pan of olive oil (2tbls)
Preparation: 1. saute onion garlic peppers till softened. Add to crock pot.
2. In food processor puree tomatillos, green chilies & cilantro. Add to crock pot.
3. To crock pot add drained cans of beans and corn, cabbage, shredded chicken. Pour chicken stock over and spices.Set on med for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
Enjoy with nachos or over rice.
Meatloaf Peasant Wellington
2 lb ground round beef 93/7% or choice
1 c panko bread crumbs (plain)
1 can(s) small 7 oz mushrooms (stems/pieces)
4 Tbsp tomato paste (tube concentrated)
2 Tbsp capers chopped (adds saltiness)
2 eggs slightly beaten
4 dash(es) Worcestershire sauce low sodium salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO DRESS UP MEATLOAF:
1 pkg puff pastry sheet (thawed) 1 egg slightly beaten & 1 tbsp water
Preparation: 1. Mix all the ingredients above gently so as not to dry out the meat and place in loaf pan with removable bottom if you have one
2. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes (the juices on top will be clear and you will know that the meatloaf is done)
3. Remove puff pastry, warm (if you take it out of the freezer the night before and put it in the fridge it is ready when you are remove meatloaf from oven), and let cool down while you lightly roll the puff pastry out not much bigger than it is already (about 2 inches)
4. Place meatloaf on pastry, top down and fold like a present with the seam side down. Cut extra little leaves or what design you want out of the other pastry to place on top and sides of pastry. Note: may want to decorate by cooking 10 extra leaves to place on each slice.
5. Turn pastry over and brush with the egg wash then place your cutouts all over it and bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove and serve with your favorite vegetable.