Daughter Arrested, Accused of Stabbing Mother and Step-Father

Posted at 2:41 PM, Mar 06, 2013
and last updated 2013-03-06 22:42:33-05

WYOMING, Mich. – Wyoming police have a arrested a woman suspected of stabbing her mother and step-father with a hatchet and knife.

Officers believe the stabbing happened at a home in the 100 block of Freedom Street SE in Wyoming.

Amber Lynn Wilson, 28, is now facing two counts of attempted murder and is being held in the Kent County Jail.

Police became aware of the situation early Wednesday morning when the woman’s mother and step-father flagged down an officer for help near Clyde Park and 28th Street.

The victims explained that the family member, who lived with the couple at a home off Freedom Street, was likely still at the house. The mother and step-father, who both suffered multiple stab wounds, were taken to the hospital.

The Wyoming Police Department Tactical Unit and Crisis Negotiators were dispatched to the home and set up a perimeter to secure the neighborhood and find the suspect.

The swat team eventually made forced entry into the home, but the suspect was gone. Due to evidence inside, it appears she climbed out of a basement bedroom window, according to Wyoming Police Chief James Carmody.

A wide search was done and detectives tracked the suspect to the area of 36th Street and Clyde Park Avenue where she was taken into custody. She was not cooperative with police.

“A motive is unclear at this time and would be pure speculation,” said Chief Carmody.

FOX 17 has also learned that in February of 2012, a personal protection order was issued against Wilson.

There is no indication that the PPO has any connection to the events that took place at her Wyoming home on Wednesday.

The step-father has been released from the hospital.

Neighbors who know the family were shocked about the chain of events.

“That sounds like something out of a horror movie, I don’t know how you could be okay after that,” said Annie Farmer, who was caring for the family’s dog while they were at the hospital.

Wilson could be arraigned as early as Thursday morning.