Father And Son Lose Home, Pet Parakeet In Fire

Posted at 12:41 PM, Dec 12, 2012
and last updated 2012-12-12 17:02:59-05

NORTH MUSKEGON, Mich. – A man and his son managed to escape their blazing home early Wednesday morning.

The Muskegon Fire Department said they were called to the residence located at 440 Channel road at about 2:00 a.m. By the time they arrived flames were ripping through the home.

The father and son were the only people inside at the time. They were able to get out without injury, but unfortunately their pet parakeet died in the fire.

Officials were on the scene until about 10:45 a.m. They have determined the house is a total loss. How the fire started is still under investigation.