NewsLocal NewsMichigan

Actions

Faulty refrigerator sparks kitchen fire in Battle Creek

WXMI_Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:49 AM, Mar 14, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-14 09:03:16-04

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — Multiple crews responded to a kitchen fire that authorities said was started by a faulty refrigerator late Friday night.

The incident happened at a home on N. Washington Ave. near Parkway Dr. at around 10:44 p.m., according to the Battle Creek Fire Department.

When crews arrived, they found smoke flowing throughout the first floor. As they worked their way inside, they were able to safely put out the source in the kitchen before venting all of the smoke.

BCFD said everyone made it safely out of the building and that no one was hurt.