NewsLocal NewsKzoo/BCCalhoun

Actions

Two houses damaged by fires from kitchen stove and outdoor grill

WXMI_Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:33 AM, Aug 30, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-30 06:33:32-04

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — Two Battle Creek homes have been damaged by fires caused by a kitchen stove and outdoor grill respectively.

Both fires happened within nearly three hours apart from each other on Saturday, August 29.

The first fire started at a single-family residence on Frisbie Avenue near Coburn Elementary School. The alarm sounded at 7:55 P.M. and authorities arrived to find smoke coming from the back of the house. Firefighters doused the flames shortly and believe the fire started accidentally from a grill placed too close to the home.

The second fire started at a multi-family residence on Cliff Avenue near Post Park, with the alarm sounding around 10:45 P.M. Firefighters found smoke coming from the third story of the house and quickly put out the flames. They believe the fire started at a kitchen stove and spread to the cabinets.

No authorities or civilians were injured in either of these incidents.